Summer Makeup Tips
While the number one trend for summer makeup is always “less is more,” every beauty junkie wants to know the colors and trends that are new for 2010. Makeup artist Christopher Drummond has his predictions in for summer makeup:
- Shimmer: The key is to pick an eye shadow that is good quality with finely milled mica. This means it will illuminate the skin and look sophisticated and beautiful without looking like glitter.
- Coral Lips: The right coral looks good on every woman, and is complimentary on all skin tones.
- Eyelashes: Long, lush lashes is one of the biggest trends for summer.
Option 1: Extensions, which last for about a month, but take maintenance.
Option 2: Temporary individual lashes, which are very natural looking, can last a day or two, and look great.
Option 3: Layer a non-clumping mascara. Use three layers and focus on the outer corner of the eyes
- Bronzer/nude skin: Beautiful looking skin is always in. The key to faking flawless skin in summer is to dust a light-colored bronzer all over the face, then apply a highlighter on the cheeks
- Blush: Choose a blush with some orange and/or yellow.
- Liner on top of eyes only: A pretty, youthful, fresh look that works on anyone. Heavy mascara and liner on the top and little to no product on the bottom. This helps to open up the eyes and make you look more awake.