Honey is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and humectant. Rosehip seed oil is one of the few botanical oils which has been scientifically proven to slow down skin aging. It is a luxurious, prized skin care ingredient throughout the world. Rose and sandalwood essential oils are loved by most and provide further nourishment to the skin along with a delicious sensory experience. This gorgeous treatment can be used for manicures, pedicures, body treatments and even facials. It is a luxurious, anti-aging and cost-effective recipe to include in any spa menu.
- 1 tablespoon raw unfiltered honey
- 1 teaspoon rosehip seed oil
- 5 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. This can be prepared up to 30 minutes prior to treatment, but will separate and need to be remixed. It can be applied at room temperature or warmed slightly.
To use as a facial mask:
- Apply a layer of the mixture to cleansed, exfoliated skin. Cover with gauze soaked in either water or brewed tea.
- Allow to sit for five to 15 minutes then remove it with warm, moist towels.
To use for a manicures and/or pedicures:
- For a manicure/pedicure, double the recipe in order to achieve correct quantity.
- Apply to exfoliated skin and cover with plastic or paraffin. Remove with warm, moist towels. Follow with a massage using a few drops of rosehip seed oil or a body serum.
To use for a body treatment:
- Increase the recipe until you have two cups of the honey rose mixture. To decrease cost of this treatment, you may substitute rice bran oil for half of the rosehip seed oil.
- Begin with a thorough dry brush of full body. Using the same drayage as you would for a clay body mask, apply treatment to full body and wrap client snuggly. Allow to sit for 20 minutes or more then remove with moist, warm towels and follow with a massage using a few drops of rosehip seed oil or body serum.
To use as a scrub:
- Add sugar or rice flour to the basic recipe and mix well.
The combination is suitable for all skin types except clients suffering with cystic acne as rosehip seed oil has been shown to potentially aggravate cystic acne. It is very effective to deal with scarring once acne has subsided.