EPSOM SALT’S BENEFITS
The National Academy of Sciences estimates the average American female gets just 70 percent of the magnesium required for good health. Magnesium, the main component of Epsom Salt, is easily absorbed through the skin, which means bathing in Epsom Salt can help:
• reduce inflammation
• improve heart and circulatory health
• flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, relieving muscle pain and aching joints and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances
• improve the body’s ability to use insulin
• Improve nerve function by regulating electrolytes. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
• Reduce stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation.