With the many alternative skin care products on the market, waterless skin care products are finally making their debut within western societies. Popular in Korean skin care routines, waterless skin care gives consumers the option to use products that leave out the 70% of water found in most lotions and creams. These waterless skin care products allow for the remaining 30% to become the main…
Retinoids, topical vitamin A, are widely considered the undisputed champions of skin care. This superhero ingredient has been clinically proven to banish wrinkles, diminish hyperpigmentation and improve skin texture, and is one of the most effective ingredients for treating acne. Other noteworthy benefits include epidermal thickening and increase of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). The importance of retinol was discovered in the early 1900s, and subsequent research showed…
Have you heard of corneotherapy? If not, be prepared to hear and see it popping up in the skin care industry more and more, especially on the holistic side of the industry, as skin care professionals are looking to tackle the underlying cause (immune response) by treating the outer layer of skin. Corneotherapy is a newer field of skin treatment within the fields of dermatology…
Pigmentation is a term that refers to the color of the skin. The amount of melanin in the skin determines its pigment and the skin cells create melanin. Certain skin disorders can change the pigmentation of the skin and it can be difficult to reverse the effects, depending on how a person has experienced hyperpigmentation. When the skin is not regularly moisturized or has been…
Globally, ingredients to brighten and lighten the skin are highly sought after by clients. Every skin type can experience a variety of different types of pigmentation including brown spots, discoloration, redness, or pigmented areas. Pigmentation can be caused by several issues, like sun damage, medications, cosmetic intolerance syndrome, hormonal issues, and more. The skin care professional should do a thorough intake form to determine the…

February 2024

Skin Care Blogs

Brands of the Month

  • Repechage
  • Eminence Organic Skin Care
  • Face Reality Skincare