Body Care Considerations

I know you all know that skin is the largest organ of the human body. You have studied it for hundreds of hours, analyze it every day, and spend your career focusing on making it healthier and more youthful. What is interesting about this is the fact that for most of skin care professionals, and certainly for the majority of their clients, the focus of care is only on about 20% of skin. What about the other 80%? 

Clients and professionals tend to focus on the face, neck, and chest, but the remaining skin of the body requires just as much attention and care, especially as people age. How often have you seen women and even men with healthy, youthful skin on their face and neck, while skin on their arms, hands, and legs appear to belong to another person of another age? It is pretty common. 

I have always been one to note the obvious – it is easier to take care of what you have while you have it than to fix it later. Skin of the body has the same requirements as that of the face. Proper cleansing is obvious, but exfoliation, hydration, and protection are just as essential. It is a reflection of inner health, a means of protection, source of toxins, and waste excretion, as well as the main mode of heat regulation. Keeping skin of the body functioning to optimal capacity serves to promote overall health. 

Falling completely within the scope of practice and realm of expertise of professionals, body care treatments should be a major staple on a service menu. Scrubs, wraps, dry brushing, suction, and massage treatments may seem old-school but are rapidly re-earning their place at the top of the treatment chart – do not miss out. Create your custom body plans and show clients what you can do for every lovely inch of their skin. 

Want to read more?

Subscribe to one of our monthly plans to continue reading this article.

Login to post comments

More from AIA

body { overflow-y: auto; } html, body { min-width: unset; }