In the realm of advanced aesthetics treatment such as chemical peels, microneedling, lasers, and cosmetic surgery, achieving optimal results requires more than just the procedure itself. Properly preparing skin before undergoing these treatments is crucial to maximize benefits and minimize potential risks. Skin pre-conditioning plays a pivotal role in enhancing the overall effectiveness and safety of these procedures, regardless of skin type. By incorporating key ingredients into a pre-treatment regimen, individuals can pave the way for successful outcomes and a smoother recovery process.
Before delving into the specific ingredients that should be a part of every pre-treatment regimen, it is vital to understand the underlying reasons why skin pre-conditioning is essential. The primary objectives of pre-conditioning are to optimize skin health, improve treatment outcomes, minimize adverse effects, and expedite the healing process.
Want to read more?
Subscribe to continue reading this article, plus gain access to all DERMASCOPE has to offer.
- Desai, S., Ayres, E., Bak, H., Manco, M., Lynch, S., Raab, S., Du, A., Green, D., Skobowiat, C., Wangari-Talbot, J., & Zheng, Q. (2019, May 1). Effect of a tranexamic acid, kojic acid, and niacinamide containing serum on Facial Dyschromia: A clinical evaluation. Journal of drugs in dermatology : JDD. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31141852/
- Sander, M., Sander, M., Burbidge, T., & Beecker, J. (2020). The efficacy and safety of sunscreen use for the prevention of skin cancer. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 192(50). https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.201085
- Mukherjee, S., Date, A., Patravale, V., Korting, H. C., Roeder, A., & Weindl, G. (2006). Retinoids in the treatment of Skin aging: An overview of clinical efficacy and safety. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 1(4), 327–348. https://doi.org/10.2147/ciia.2006.1.4.327
- Yip, D. L. (2020). A pilot study on the use of a non‐crosslinked hyaluronic acid with associated anti‐oxidant ingredients to improve the effectiveness of nd:YAG laser toning in the treatment of Melasma in six patients. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 19(9), 2212–2218. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.13565
- Lintner, K., Gerstein, F., & Solish, N. (2020). A serum containing vitamins C & E and a matrix‐repair tripeptide reduces facial signs of aging as evidenced by PRIMOS® Analysis and frequently repeated auto‐perception. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 19(12), 3262–3269. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.13770