Friday, 21 April 2017 08:43

Moisturizers

Written by  

Moisturizers were invented to combat sun damage, which causes the skin to dry out, crack, and age quicker. Moisturizers have evolved over the years, but recently have gone back to their original roots by incorporating ingredients that were being used many years ago in the skin care industry again. Shea butter, aloe vera, and peptides are each making a big difference in modern moisturizers.

SHEA BUTTER
Shea butter is extremely nourishing and moisturizing for the skin thanks to its concentration of natural vitams and fatty acids. It is often used as a remedy for dry skin because of its ability to shield and protect skin's natural oils. Shea butter contains acids (oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic) that help to retain moisture and prevent the skin from drying. Shea butter also promotes cell regeneration and aids in the skin's natural collagen production, making it perfect for treating
anti-aging concerns.

ALOE VERA
Aloe vera has been used for centuries. Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans described its use in their writings, with the earliest known record on a Sumerian tablet dating from 2100 B.C.E. Egyptian Queens associated its use with physical beauty. Aloe vera is moisturizing without being greasy, which makes it suitable for clients with an oily skin complexion. Aloe vera gel is 98.5 percent water, and the remaining 1.5 percent is over 200 nutrients that soothe, nourish, and moisturize the skin.

PEPTIDES
Peptides occur naturally in the body and are formed by chains of amino acids that are the building blocks of skin proteins. The most infamous protein naturally found in the skin, that diminishes naturally as we age, is collagen. Making up 75 percent of the skin, collagen is responsible for maintaining the thick, supple, taut appearance of skin. Peptides have the incredible ability to signal cells to make more collagen and repair damaged cell structures, which improves elasticity, moisture, and smoothness.

Apothederm Skin CareApothederm
Moisturizing Cream by Apothederm® helps hydrate thirsty skin. This emollient-rich cream is developed specifically for dry, aging skin. It nourishes, replenishes, and firms the skin, helping to reduce visible signs of aging. The SmartPeptides® biotechnology targets fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of firmness by stimulating collagen production. Shea butter, soybean oil, and emollient moisturizers combine to hydrate and protect. 877-496-0038 or apothederm.com

CliXitCliXit, LLC
CliXit's Clear Skin Moisturizer is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that instantly penetrates skin for hydrating, nourishing, and protecting oily, combination, or acne-prone skin. Aloe, cucumber, licorice extract, pomegranate extract, and vitamin C work together to calm, repair, and improve the skin. Tea tree oil and burdock root provide antiseptic qualities and help control breakouts. The non-greasy formula controls oil and shine, while hydrating ingredients help retain essential moisture for a softer, healthier skin barrier. 844-425-4948 or clixit.com

 

 

Janssen CosmeticsJanssen
Aquatense Moisture Gel+ by Janssen Cosmetics is intensive, immediate assistance that thoroughly supplies thirsty skin with moisture. The unique active substance aquaporin-stimulating peptide promotes the skin's native aquaporins, the cells' water fountains. It ensures a balanced moisture supply, as the synthesis of new water-glycerin channels between the individual cells in the epidermis is stimulated. 877-552-6739 or janssen-cosmetics-shop.us

Want to read more?

Subscribe to our "Pro Membership" to continue reading this article.

Login to post comments