• Examine the client's skin and take their health history into consideration to determine which form of exfoliation is best suited for them.
• With physical scrubs, the vigor of the scrub should be gauged to the sturdiness of the skin. For example, sensitized and sensitive skin benefits from microfoliants.
• Microdermabrasion is a great treatment for skin showing signs of sun damage.
Introduction to Exfoliation
• Physical or mechanical exfoliation breaks up the keratinized protein that accumulates on the skin's surface, lifting and whisking away dry, dull cell debris to reveal softer skin.
• Chemical exfoliation uses topical ingredients to dissolve cell debris for a glowing finish.