- The human body comes equipped with its own detoxification systems and is in a constant stage of detoxification. The most important organs in this process include the liver, kidneys, lungs, large intestine, and skin. Together, these organs make up the body’s excretory system and are constantly working to flush the body of toxins. Performing a body detoxification can help rest, recharge, and reboot these organs to make sure they are working efficiently.
- Even though the body naturally detoxifies itself, it can use some help from time to time. Common signs that a client might want to try a body detoxification treatment include unexplained fatigue, bloating, mental confusion, and irritated skin. Skin care professionals see clients’ skin on a fairly-regular basis. If changes are noticeable in the client’s skin, such as irritability, redness, dullness, or increased breakouts, professionals should talk to the client about potential body detoxification options.
- Drinking water is crucial for a good body detoxification treatment. One of the first questions to ask when it comes to body detoxifying is whether the body is getting a sufficient amount of water. Not only will it help keep clients well hydrated, but it also helps their organs flush out toxins. The more they drink, the better their body will be at flushing toxins out.
- When it comes to the diet during a body detoxification treatment, it is just as much about what the client eats as it is about what is not eaten. There are plenty of superfoods out there that are great for promoting body detoxification. While several healthy body detoxifying diets exist, always suggest that clients consult a doctor before making drastic changes to their diet.
- Whether the client is using a mud mask or getting a full-body treatment, the purifying and detoxifying properties of mud make it a great tool for body detoxification. By incorporating either of these treatments once or twice a week, the body is given an extra dose of help in flushing out toxins. If professionals notice that a client may benefit from a body detoxification, they should recommend a body mud wrap or facial mask.
- Getting rid of dead skin cells is an excellent way to help promote healthy skin and eliminate toxins that may be sitting on the surface of the skin. While exfoliating in the shower is an easy way to get exfoliation out of the way, other recommended options are dry brushing and salt scrubs for the body and professional exfoliation treatments for the face. The great thing about exfoliation is that not only will it help get rid of dead skin cell build up, but the motion of exfoliation can also stimulate blood flow to encourage the renewal of cells for healthier skin.
- A massage might not be something a lot of people think about, but a professional massage can be an added benefit when going through body detoxification. Most of the time, a professional massage focuses on taking away pain in areas such as the neck, shoulders, and back. These areas often have tense, tight muscles that can affect blood circulation. Additionally, these are common areas for toxins to build up. By getting a massage that focuses on these areas, clients are not only releasing toxins, but also improving blood flow.
- Exercise is not just for losing weight or staying in shape. Whenever a person exercises, they increase blood circulation to important organs, which helps to push toxins out. Regularly exercising will not only help to keep the body properly detoxified, but will also help keep it in good health.
- As mentioned previously, the skin plays an important role in how the body detoxifies itself. The main way it accomplishes this goal is through perspiration. Whenever people sweat, their bodies are also pushing out toxins. Visiting the sauna once a week can be an easy way to get extra detoxification.
- People do not always consider the negative impacts that stress can have on their body and health. Stress affects the body in many ways and can throw normal functions off balance, making stress management an important aspect of body detoxification treatments. Clients should try things that will help keep them calm, such as meditation or massages; they can also try combating stress with exercise.
There are many ways to go about body detoxification, but think of the process as more of a lifestyle change than simply a short-term fix. Talking with clients about the importance of ongoing treatments, such as exfoliation, mud treatments, and massages for body detoxification, can not only help educate clients on the topic, but also leave them with the feeling that the professional truly cares about their body and health.
Body detoxification does not have to be hard or complicated. All it takes is time and dedication to truly focus on what the body needs.
Lina Kennedy is a chief pioneer, collecting many feathers in her cap. An expert on professional sugaring, Kennedy regularly writes articles for industry magazines in North America and Europe. As president of Alexandria Professional, one of her personal goals is to ensure that each professional trained in the art of body sugaring learns and understands the exceptional results that they and their clients can achieve through The Kennedy Theory™ for sugaring and The Kennedy Technique Theory™.