We know how important it is for a client to have flawless skin and correct makeup application. But not all of this is down to good makeup – it is down to having good skin. After all, a beautiful painting requires a smooth canvas. With this in mind, there are a few lifestyle tips that can be passed on to a client to benefit her skin leading up to her wedding day.
Diet – Remember, how the skin looks on the outside is a direct reflection of how the skin’s health is on the inside. Advise clients to maintain a balanced, healthy diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, and water. Not only does water cleanse impurities from the body, but it helps keep the skin looking revitalized and clear.
Stress Levels – With all the planning and details to attend to, your client will no doubt experience some stress. Make sure she does things to decompress and relax, like a nice bath, a spa visit, a good book, and so on. The most important thing is to remind her to stay calm and know that everything will work out.
Sleep – Sleep allows the body to recover and restore. Lack of sleep can speed up the aging process and affect the body more deeply by showing the prominent signs of sleep deprivation on the client’s face, including dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Regular Facials – It is important for your client to get regular professional facials. Ideally, she should begin her facial treatments as soon as possible after she knows her wedding date.
A Consistent Homecare Regimen – In order to achieve and maintain the best looking skin possible, it is important that the client follows a daily home maintenance regimen.
Ideally, her homecare regimen should consist of the following steps, which should be done either daily or weekly:
- Cleanse. Cleansing the face is the first and most basic step to maintaining healthy skin. Cleansing removes oils and impurities on the skin as well as any traces of makeup. Advise the client to use a cleanser twice a day that works effectively and is gentle on the skin.
- Tone. Using a toner on the face twice a day helps remove any residual cleanser or makeup that may have been left behind by the cleanser. A toner also helps restore the natural pH level of the skin, leaving skin clean, clear, and ready to be moisturized.
- Treat. The client should treat her face with a skin serum. Serums are typically full of active ingredients that provide many benefits such as anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, firming, tightening, and antioxidant.
- Moisturize. Skin needs both oil and water. Make sure the client uses a moisturizer that provides the appropriate benefits for their skin’s needs. If they have dry skin, look for a moisturizer that provides both oil and water. If their skin is oily, look for oil-free products.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation is the removal of the oldest dead skin cells, which accumulate unevenly on the skin’s surface and give it a dry, rough, and dull appearance. In order to smooth and polish the surface of the skin, the client should exfoliate on a continual basis at least once a week.
- Mask. Masks absorb excess oils and impurities and help refine pores, making them look smaller. By using a clay-based, pore-refining mask on a regular basis, the client can really make a big difference in the look and feel of their skin.
Recommend the client follow these steps to achieve perfect-looking skin and a more radiant look on her special day. She will cherish the memories of this day for a lifetime.