We are constantly educating our clients on the importance of eye cream and that, if used on a daily basis, they are more likely to look refreshed, bright-eyed and youthful. However, do they really know how to apply it? What area of the eye should they focus on? Do they know the difference between pat gently or rub in? When should eye cream be applied along with their other facial cleansers and serums?
When choosing the appropriate eye cream for a client, it is essential to make sure it penetrates, not only to get the results they want, but also due to the fragile, thin nature of the under eye skin. They should not use microneedling or other penetration methods around their eye in order to increase penetration. The product needs to be gentle, but efficient in order to get their desired results.
Here is a step-by-step description of the proper way eye cream should be applied:
- Client should wash his/her face with a gentle cleanser.
- To balance the skin’s pH, the client should use a natural toner.
- Next, they should apply any desired serum to the face, neck and décolleté, allowing complete absorption.
- Using their ring finger, they should apply small dots around the eye, above the eye, up to the brow bone area, and under the eye.
- Now they gently tap the cream in to stimulate circulation until they feel it absorb – making sure to not pull or stretch the delicate skin around their eye. Pay special attention to problem areas when tapping cream in. They can also gently massage in circular motions, but should be mindful of not pulling at the skin.
- Finally finishing with a moisturizer and/or SPF during the day for protection.