Here are some tips on how to make yourself feel better when you are stressed:
1. Calm down: Before anything else, calm yourself down. Do not panic. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.
2. Feed your mind with positive thoughts: When you are depressed, it is easy to fall into a vicious cycle of negative thoughts. It is important that you break this cycle. To do that, feed your mind with positive thoughts. You may read spiritual texts, motivational books, or inspiring quotes. You may also listen to positive tapes.
3. Remember good things: Direct your mind to the positive. Remember the good things in your life. Remember the good people around you.
4. Look at the big picture: An event that seems bad might not seem that bad if you look at the big picture. Put the event in context.
5. Believe that everything will be all right: What you believe has a big effect on you. If you believe that things will go wrong, that would usually be the case. On the other hand, if you believe that everything will be all right, you will have a winning attitude.
6. Exercise: When you are depressed, take time to exercise. Exercise relieves the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
7. Forgive: Sometimes one reason you feel bad is because you do not forgive. Perhaps you had made mistakes in the past and you blamed yourself for it. You need to forgive yourself. Or perhaps someone mistreated you. You need to forgive them.
8. Take action: Things will not get better if you just sit and do nothing. Instead of thinking about how bad things are, think of what you can do to solve the problem and take action.
9. Say something positive: Negative words have a devastating effect on your confidence and motivation. So whenever you are about to say something negative, stop yourself and take a deep breath. Reframe what you are going to say and make it positive.
10. Think about other people: One of the best ways to make yourself feel better is simply by taking the focus away from yourself. Start thinking about other people and how you can help them. When you do that, your problems will no longer seem so hard.