CBD is becoming a sought-after inclusion in skin care regimens for its plethora of health benefits that support radiant and youthful skin. While internal consumption allows the broadest reach to the endocannabinoid system, topical use has proven to be a potent aid in reducing inflammation related to acne, eczema, and psoriasis. Additionally, it has been shown to regulate lipid production, moisturize, and support healthy skin. To get the highest benefit, professionals will want to be deliberate in the kinds of products they select for their clients. Having a keen eye on what to look for will ensure safety and optimal benefits. Here are five noteworthy considerations when browsing phytocannabinoid-rich options.
1. Is it made with a full (broad)-spectrum extract? The cannabis plant includes over 100 different plant constituents that contribute to its synergistic effects. Science shows that the entourage effect which, includes multiple cannabinoids, as well as terpenes, has the most potential to have medicinal benefits.
2. Does the product contain isolates? The making of isolates involves industrial chemical solvents which takes away from the curative potential of the hemp cannabinoids. If the product claims to be 99.9% CBD or pure CBD it is a CBD isolate.
3. Does the product contain organic hemp canabis? The cannabis industry is often perceived as a green industry, however, there is a wide range in quality. Cannabis also acts as a phytoremediator, pulling toxins out of the ground and into the plant tissues, which may lead to application of contaminants. Avoid toxicity by choosing a brand that only uses organic hemp.
4. What are the other ingredients? Refined ingredients, preservatives, and fillers can dilute the overall potency of the product. Less is more in this case. Choose products with minimal ingredients that are understandable. Consider looking for products that have synergistic botanicals to complement the CBD or add additional absorption and potency.
5. Does the company offer transparency? Ask for laboratory results to determine the potency and purity of products. In addition to cannabinoid concentration, look for contaminates, heavy metals, residual solvents, and pesticide results to truly evaluate a company.
Pure ingredients equal better experiences. Utilizing these tips will also support companies demonstrating environmental awareness that contributes to the larger spectrum of wellness. In an overwhelmingly large array of CBD options, it is worth being particular when expanding services. Choosing a brand that incorporates conscious cannabis choices will support greater trust and increase client loyalty.