The Heart Chakra is where you connect to conscious awareness and realize that your actions have an impact on your surroundings.
Going green is the natural evolution of conscious awareness. By integrating Nature and wellness treatments for the heart, you inspire your client’s natural affinity with nature – both inside and out. Using the heart colors of green and pink in treatments helps to lift the spirits, calm the emotions, and induce feelings of heartfelt love.
By offering affordable, mini-wellness treatments, you allow clients to visit your spa on a weekly basis. Treatments last 30 minutes using, multi-sensory applications and hands-on healing techniques rather than facial services. Clients get treated without removing makeup or mussing the hair so they can go directly to their next appointment. Add a light lunch and you have a mini-retreat getaway!
Formulas for beauty and balance:
Design treatments specific to opening the heart and allow clients to enjoy the benefits of resonance. The heart is the place where you measure authenticity. When the heart is open, it acts as a divining rod drawing people and opportunities to you that resonate with your frequency. This service rejuvenates the spirit providing clients with more passion for life and replenishing what a stressful lifestyle diminishes.
Multi-sensory options for your treatments:
- Provide an Herbal Aroma Bar using the following organic herbs: red clover, rose hips, chamomile, rosemary, lemon balm, rose petals, and sage.
- Combine herbs and rose petals collectively in a pink or green organza bag for ‘Aroma Sachets’. Allow your clients to make their own and use them during treatments.
- Use the sachet for deep breathing at the beginning of their treatment and to take home as a keepsake of their mini-retreat with you.
- Serve Moon Balm Tea to embrace the mysteries of the feminine.
- Make Rose Petal tea with a splash of rose water and agave nectar as sweetener to fall in love with yourself.
- Customize gemstone and aromatherapy water to enhance energy before and after the treatment.
- Have them choose an affirmation that you repeat out loud during their treatment.
- Let clients select music or guided visualizations from your healing CD collection.
- Burn pink and green candles signifying the colors of love and the heart chakra.
- Replace an incandescent bulb with a green light bulb for an enhanced atmosphere.
- Have your client hold Aventurine or a Rose Quartz shaped heart in their left hand during their treatment.
- Incorporate acupressure points and massage techniques for the face, neck, and shoulders. (Be sensitive about mussing makeup and hair if you are not their last stop.)
- Combine these techniques with the hands-on healing energy of Reiki if you are attuned to Reiki.
- End with your hands lightly covering their heart area.
Healing Heart Stones:
Rose Quartz – Opens the heart to love and nurture you. When you discover that you are lovable, you are able to share your love with others. Use Rose Quartz to come from the heart in
Aventurine – Balance, equilibrium, peaceful heart. This stone helps to soften the protective shell around the heart. Wear it as a medallion to remind you to soften your message and come from the heart.
- Moon Balm Tea: Balances the emotions and soothes nervous tension. Fill a pitcher with ice water and a large bag of Lemon Balm tea. Place it on a counter or windowsill to capture the moonlight for one night. Refrigerate and serve this refreshing tea to clients before treatments.
- Rose Petal Tea: Opens your heart and allows love to blossom – connecting you with the unseen wonders of nature. Combine rose petals, red clover, and rose hips into a large tea bag. Steep in hot water for three to five minutes; add a splash of rose water and agave nectar to sweeten.
Gemstone Infused Water:
- Resonance Mist – use this as a spray before and after treatments to infuse heart resonance. Mix the following in one pint of water:
- Polished or tumbled Rose Quartz (cleaned and sanitized in hot water)
- Polished or tumbled Aventurine (cleaned and sanitized in hot water)
- Holly Bach Flower Essence for loving yourself – four drops
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – two to four drops
Selected music that evokes feelings of love and the heart to soothe and restore energy.
Mother Nature’s Little Helpers:
Mother Nature shares her bounty with us in many forms. Incorporating herbs, aromatherapy, and healing stones can boost your treatments healing quotient to the next level. Here are some favorites and their uses.
Healing Stones – Colorful stones and clear quartz contain spirit energy that helps to balance the human spirit. Each stone has a vibrational pattern based on its color and composition. Green and pink are the colors associated with the Heart Chakra and are used for heart- felt treatments.
Gem Elixirs – may be purchased or made by placing one or more gemstones of your choice into clean water, let them sit overnight, and use the infusion as part of a beverage or spray mist.
Aromatherapy – the sense of smell is the most powerful as it connects directly with the brain. Essential Oils from plants and flowers contain volatile oils that are considered to be the hormones of the plant. These hormones have chemical components that react with the hormone centers in the human brain triggering a physiological change in mood or behavior. Depending on the essential oil compounds and their properties, clients may experience feeling stimulated, balanced, relaxed, euphoric and more. The following Essential Oils may be used to encourage balance of the heart.
Calms the emotions – Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Melissa, Clary Sage, and Neroli
Lift the spirits – Ylang Ylang, St John’s Wort, Pettigrain, Bergamot, and Lemon Verbena
Herbs – are plant materials that are taken internally rather than inhaled. You may choose from capsules, tablets, teas and herbal elixirs, also called herbal tinctures. They work more on the physical body since they are ingested through the digestive tract and are assimilated through the body. The following Herbs may be used to help heal and balance the heart.
Calms the emotions – Scullcap, Lemon Balm, and Chamomile
Lifts the spirits – St Johns Wort, Oatstraw, and Lemon Balm
Flower Essences – are not to be confused with essential oils. Flower essences are considered to be the vibration or “spirit” of a plant. Flowers are picked at their peak of growth and placed in water to capture the essence of the plant in water. Each plant has its own healing characteristics and issues it helps to resolve. Flower essences help to resolve mental and emotional issues on an energy level by helping to fill in the “energy gaps” in a depleted spirit. You infuse the plant spirit with yours by taking it orally, placing it on the pulse points or spraying it in a mist. Some useful Flower Essence Remedies to add to beverages or mists.
- Walnut helps set boundaries and protection from outside sources.
- Larch improves self-esteem and confidence.
- Rock Water helps let go of unattainable standards set for yourself and others.
- Holly heals emotional wounds in order to accept and love yourself.
- Rescue Remedy essence and cream combines five flowers and is beneficial for any imbalance or stressful situation.
Now that you offer wellness treatments how do you speak about them?
Language is essential. Offer a brief explanation describing the benefits the heart-felt treatments provide.
For example:Discuss the benefits with your recommendations:
- Clients experience a sense of peace and well-being.
- Quieting the mind and calming the emotions allows you to have more A-Ha moments.
- Feeling centered and grounded, you are able to accomplish more of what is important to you.
The results last longer when you receive three consecutive treatments and incorporate homecare products.
- Herbs, aromatherapy, and gemstones may be used as home-care products that heal the spirit and help you to maintain balance in between visits to the spa.
There is no right or wrong way to do these treatments. Use your imagination and create your own magic from your heart and soul. Connecting with nature allows you to create rather than react. Reducing stress and rejuvenating the spirit you and your clients will experience more love, passion, and purpose for life. After all, love does make the world