Karen Asquith is the national director of education for G.M. Collin Skin Care, developing innovative skin care training programs to elevate the aesthetician’s professional expertise. For the past two decades, Asquith has consistently been featured as a guest lecturer at skin care industry forums, presenting cutting-edge skin care protocols and career development workshops throughout North America. She has been the lead aesthetician every year since 2005 at the pre-Oscar suite, performing selected G.M. Collin skin care treatments on the celebrities. She frequently contributes editorials in professional skin care publications and consumer magazines and makes guest appearances on Web M.D. and the Life and Leisure Network.
- What do you love most about your job?
I enjoy developing new educational seminars, motivating aestheticians, and giving them the knowledge and confidence they need to succeed.
- What is your favorite spa treatment and why?
G.M.Collin Collagen 90 II combined with Derm Renewal Peel. It diminishes lines and wrinkles, plumps, resurfaces and makes my skin glow!
- Do you have any unusual skills?
I am both artistic and mechanically inclined however I don’t think this would qualify as unusual, so perhaps just being unusual…
- What would you name your boat if you had one?
- What is one office supply/something on your desk that you couldn’t live without?
My letter opener, I like everything to be neat and orderly, including the edges of opened envelopes.
- If you opened a day spa, what would you name it?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Get to the point, don’t exaggerate or brag. Relating to food and sports, try everything once, no excuses.
- What skill would you like to master?
I would like to master different languages.
- What are some small things that make your day better?
Sunshine, morning coffee, exercising, and a hug.
- What is your spirit animal?
I had to look it up, Zodiac is a bull, Chinese Zodiac is a pig, and another site claimed it was a monkey.
- Which superhero do you secretly want to be?
Emma Frost aka The White Queen
- What’s the best invention of all time?
Light and Lipstick!